Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday 18

WEDNESDAY 18
Cold in National Park this morn 6* but warmed up quick. Another sunny day but with a chilly southeast breeze. Decided to do the start of Fishers Track which they premote as a 17km 95% downhill buzz. As it was going to cost me $60 to be picked up at the other end I was only going to do the bit to the highest point. Took me 25min for 4km. I had a look at the downhill bit and it looked like it was all like the metal road I rode up on. I would have been P of if I had paid $60 to do that.
Never mind up stakes and off to Ohakune
On the way stoped and looked at the Makatote Viaduck built in 1908 , massive.
Lust past that is the site of the last spike driven on the railway 1907
Then on south to check out the Erua Forrest Track , looked a bit barren so on to Ohakune via Raetihi.
At the moment park up at the Maugawhero DOC camp, which is at the start of the Ohakune Mountain road.
Tomorrow have booked aa ride from Ohakune to Horopito to do the Ohakune old coach road .It is more downhill from the Horopiti end, I love downhill.
Horopito is the site of “ Smash Palace” for you oldies who remember those things
The spell check does not work on this comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment